The Idaho Lottery is looking for an outstanding Graphic Design and Media Production Specialist to join our dynamic and legendary marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to be a part of a fun, fast-paced, and innovative team and agency.
The Graphic and Media Production Specialist will work on the leading edge of the lottery industry by creating marketing materials using graphic design, video and digital animation skills including coordination, strategy and implementation of a wide range of marketing communication, design and production projects.
This position reports to the Deputy Director of Marketing and will be responsible for the following duties:
• Design, strategize and produce advertising materials for a variety of Lottery products
• Design informational flyers and brochures for interoffice distribution, distribution to the public and the retailers
• Coordinate, design, produce and distribute a retailer newsletter in conjunction with the public information specialist and the marketing department
• Create video and digital animations for multiple screens and formats including social media, retail displays and other channels as needed
• Assist in maintaining the appropriate use of the Lottery brand use in all aspects of advertising
• Assist in the production process for television and radio including preproduction meetings, shoot/recording and editing as needed
• Complete sales representative design requests for signs and promotional materials
• Development and design of new Lottery Scratch tickets
• Develop “how to play” videos for displays and training video content for teaching new initiatives
• Design and produce signage and promotional support materials for Lottery events
• Create marketing materials for press events (checks, banners, press packs)
• Assist with various design and advertising tasks as determined by the Deputy Director for Marketing
• Develop new concepts for Lottery product designs, including illustrations, typography, and layout
• Review proofs and perform press-checks as needed
• Keep in contact with vendors on current projects through email or phone calls
• Pick up signs, print jobs and supplies as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Minimum (The required skills and qualifications needed to perform the job)
• Formal Graphic Design education and relevant work experience or equivalent work experience
• Good knowledge of promotion and marketing concepts
• Good knowledge of computer graphic design techniques; graphic-art offset printing standards, techniques, and materials; design, photo editing, graphic/video animation, video editing and desktop publishing software; typography or printing and bindery processes
• Proficient in these Creative Suite Applications: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premier, After Effects
• Ability to finish projects in a timely manner • Ability to manage multiple projects from multiple sources
• Must work in conjunction with outside sources as well as internal sources on projects
• Experience conceptualizing ideas and translating into finished projects via computer and traditional methods; creating design proofs for customers to approve
• Must successfully pass criminal, credit, and public records background checks conducted by the Idaho Lottery
• Must successfully pass pre-employment and random ongoing drug tests
• Must have a valid drivers’ license Preferred (Skills needed for superior performance, specialty areas)
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design/Video/Animation
• Minimum of 3-year work experience in a related area
• Knowledge of television and radio production process, editing and development
• Web experience with basic HTML language and HTML editor software
• Highly skilled in these Creative Suite Applications: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premier, After Effects
• Experience developing strategies and advertising tactics
This is a full time position and is located in the Idaho Lottery Headquarters in Boise, Idaho. Pay for this position is between $20.00 and $23.00 per hour depending on knowledge and experience and will receive full, State of Idaho employee benefits.
The Idaho Lottery is a self-governing State agency and offers a great benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; paid sick and vacation time; all paid State holidays; State retirement program (PERSI); and many others.
If you feel this is the job for you and you wish to apply, please send a cover letter which should include brief details about your interest in this position and what makes you a qualified candidate, a portfolio showcasing projects, skills and designs related to this position, professional references, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send to the Idaho Lottery, Attn: Jennifer Quinno-Miller, 1199 Shoreline Lane, Suite 100, Boise, Idaho 83702.
Job posting closes October 20, 2019. Submissions must be received or post marked BY end of day on the closing date. Applications received or post marked after the closing date will not be considered.
*Submissions without a cover letter, portfolio, professional references and resume may be discarded, so please be sure to include all items in your submission.
The Idaho Lottery is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Application Link: https://www.idaholottery.com/pages/jobs