Red Couch Creative, inc., a boutique graphic design studio/agency in Eagle, Idaho is looking for a skilled graphic designer, preferably with web/code experience. If you fit the qualities outlined below, we would love to talk to you.
Why join us?
Our company is small, our client list is large, and that makes for a pretty fun time at our little office in downtown Eagle. We can't offer any health benefits at this time, but we do offer massive flexibility in your schedule, paid holidays, and a good quality of life as best we can. There will be times where you'll be under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, and there will be times we chill on the patio enjoying cocktails. We may not be able to compete for the largest salary and coolest benefits, but we work on a lot of fun projects, have very few rules in the office, and overall just want to enjoy working in a fun and positive environment doing what we love most. If this is appealing to you, you might just fit right in.
- Use creativity and imagination to develop original designs and artwork of all kinds for various industries. Must be versatile and have the ability to design anything from hard-core corporate layouts to goofy dog toy packaging.
- Must love dogs (or at least put up with them), be open to hearing various conspiracy theories by your coworkers, and have a good sense of humor.
- Design creative and compelling brochures, infographics, presentations, logos, signage, banner ads, clothing concepts, trade show banners and booths, print collateral, email templates, and other web- and print-based projects, as needed.
- Be willing to learn new procedures, software, and take on any challenges as they arise.
- Take initiative and have the ability to develop and execute a project from conception to completion, communicating effectively and taking critique with a smile on your face.
- Prepare mockups and proofs for review and approval by the boss, and the clients.
- Propose creative concept elements for potential and new projects.
- Ensure accuracy and quality in all creative assignments. If we have to remind you to spell check before sending a proof, you probably don't belong here.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design OR equivalent experience. We won't judge your degree, but we will judge your past work.
- Strong artistic skills and a penchant for perfectionism.
- 5+ years of professional design experience relating to websites, presentations, print ads, brochures, branding and logos, signage, website banners, and trade show booths and banners. We're not looking for nubies that need a lot of training. You need to know what you're doing so we can throw you directly into the fire.
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat. Dreamweaver experience is a huge plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Do you know what a dieline is and how to create one? If so, you're good. If not, you'd better figure it out before you apply.
- Experience with printing, prepress, and digital output, including preflight and packaging of files. If you don't know when or why you should work in CMYK versus RGB, you need not apply.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and take feedback into consideration (aka, if the boss tells you to fix something, you should probably fix it without complaint).
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the ability to perform well and remain organized under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills and experience managing multiple projects at once.
- Ability to think creatively and deliver innovative original concepts.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with high standards for quality and workmanship.
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS, including mobile and responsive web designs, eNewsletters and HTML emails. Experience with WordPress and Bootstrap will earn you massive brownie points.
Interested? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "HIRE ME" in the subject line, attach your resumé and include a link to your online portfolio. This post will stay active until we've filled the position.